Q. Name change after marriage


If you change your last name to your husband's on documents like your social security card and driver license, this will make it "official."  The Social Security Administration has information on how to change your name after marriage, divorce, etc., here: https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3749.

The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has information on changing your name on your driver license or ID card: http://fdhsmv.rapidinsites.com/answer/name-change.

After you have these two things changed, between them and your marriage license, you should be able to change your name on anything else you would like to, such as credit cards, etc.

You might also want to contact your county elections supervisor to change your name for voting.  A list of supervisors by county is available here: http://dos.elections.myflorida.com/supervisors/.

  • Last Updated Jan 12, 2018
  • Views 19
  • Answered By Cathy (State Library of Florida)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0