Canceling my drivers license and getting an official photo id card.

I am 92 years old and don't drive anymore. How do I cancel my driver's license and get am official government photo id card (for use at airports) in its place?


To surrender your driver's license and replace it with a new ID card, you will need to visit a local tax collector/motor vehicle office. This page from the DHSMV has a list of office locations, arranged by county:

Bring your current license to the office and inform them that you are surrendering your license and would like an ID card. You will have to pay a $25.00 fee for the new ID card. You may be required to present proof of identification and proof of residence documentsPlease call your local DHSMV service center ( for more information or to schedule a visit.



  • Last Updated May 20, 2019
  • Views 4384
  • Answered By Josie (State Library of Florida)

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 19 8

Comments (1)

  1. My husband is homebound and wants to relinquish his license and get I’d card. How can this be done
    by Marilyn Delena on Jan 24, 2024